Launch a Company and Product
SightLine Health brings emerging technologies to market that offer innovative, nonsurgical health care treatments. The company was founded on providing magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound ablation (MRgFUS) to eliminate uterine fibroid tumors and has expanded to offer outpatient intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) as well.
- Upon formation, SightLine Health hired FrogDog Communications to help launch the business and its first MRgFUS clinic in Houston. FrogDog started with a blank slate.
- MRgFUS was almost completely unknown—by physicians and patients—when SightLine Health launched. FrogDog needed to educate widely disparate audiences: physicians, patients, and insurance companies.
- A large number of Latinas and African-American women suffer from uterine fibroids, meaning that FrogDog’s work needed to include developing distinct campaign strategies and tactics to address these groups.
The FrogDog Solution
- Before the company officially began operations, FrogDog Communications began working with SightLine Health to develop its brand (colors, logo, graphical standards, and look-and-feel) and to develop an integrated marketing communications and advertising plan, including tactics to target physicians, insurance companies, and patients from all backgrounds.
- The comprehensive marketing strategy and tactics that FrogDog developed for SightLine included
- creating the company’s Web site and marketing materials;
- coordinating media buys and developing all advertising, including local and national Web, radio, print, and outdoor ads;
- executing a robust and ongoing media-relations campaign that has featured the company on local and national news outlets, including television, print, and radio in English and Spanish;
- helping SightLine refine messaging for potential investors;
- developing tradeshow booth designs and materials highlighting MRgFUS and IMRT to physician and payer audiences;
- keeping partner physicians informed through monthly e-mail bulletins; and
- creating brochures, patient letters, and other materials to boost MRgFUS referrals.
- As the company continues to expand, FrogDog’s marketing and advertising strategies evolve to serve SightLine’s ever-changing needs.
- When SightLine opened its first IMRT clinic in Houston, FrogDog revamped SightLine’s Web site to highlight the new service, conducted media outreach, launched e-mail bulletins for partners, and created relevant marketing collateral.
- FrogDog’s ongoing marketing support helped SightLine open additional MRgFUS clinics in Dallas and Atlanta.
- SightLine’s success has enabled it to secure substantial new investor financing and to persuade leading health insurance companies to expand coverage for MRgFUS.
- SightLine’s first IMRT clinic treated more than seventy patients in its first four months of operation, and FrogDog provided marketing support as the company launched additional locations in Austin and Lubbock.
More Case Studies