Launch a Subsidiary
Prior to acquisition by McKesson, US Oncology was the nation’s largest oncology-services company. US Oncology–affiliated physicians delivered care to more than half a million cancer patients each year, including more than 15 percent of all newly diagnosed U.S. cases.
Long-time client US Oncology engaged FrogDog Communications to help build messaging and a brand for its new specialty pharmacy business: OncologyRx Care Advantage. This new business provides oral chemotherapeutics and medication therapy management to cancer patients, their doctors, and their health insurance companies.
Thanks to Care Advantage, patients can focus on getting healthy, doctors can focus on patient care, and payers can be sure that the expensive cancer drugs they’re covering are delivered on time and as effectively as possible.
- FrogDog needed to work with US Oncology to quickly launch this new business from scratch, including all branding, messaging, and delivery methods.
- In its launch, OncologyRx Care Advantage had three key—and very different—audiences to address: cancer patients and their families and caretakers, physicians and clinical staff, and insurance companies.
- In addition to launching the business to patients, physicians, and payers, FrogDog needed to launch the company internally at US Oncology to educate employees throughout the large company about the new business.
The FrogDog Solution
- FrogDog performed market research at oncology practices within the US Oncology network and surveyed clinical staff and patients about the new business and their behaviors to understand how best to craft and deliver messaging.
- Using the findings from this research and our years of experience working with US Oncology, FrogDog
- developed Care Advantage’s branding and messaging,
- built launch strategies for key constituents,
- produced all marketing and sales materials from concept and copy through to photo shoots and printing,
- created the company Web site, and
- concepted, created, compiled, and delivered more than six hundred custom-designed and -built launch kits about the new business for oncology practices.
In its first year of operation, OncologyRx Care Advantage:
- filled prescriptions and supported chemotherapy treatment for about 4,500 patients;
- received referrals from more than 500 physicians inside and outside of the US Oncology network;
- earned licenses to operate in 49 states;
- negotiated contracts with more than 150 payers; and
- became one of two preferred oral oncology pharmacies for a new specialty pharmacy program developed by UnitedHealthcare, one of the largest health insurance providers in the United States.
More Case Studies