Increase New Customer Acquisition for E-commerce
Founded by former professional golfers, LostGolfBalls.com is the world’s largest e-commerce retailer of recycled golf balls. The company processes, grades, and sorts thousands of golf balls each day. Through the largest inventory in the industry, leading-edge warehousing and inventory systems, and a customer-service team that loves the sport, LostGolfBalls.com supplies golfers internationally with the golf balls that best fit their styles of play.
Once you’re a LostGolfBalls.com customer, you won’t go anywhere else. Yet LostGolfBalls.com had inventory capacity to increase sales from new customers.
The company turned to FrogDog to help it increase new-customer acquisition for the upcoming golf season through raising awareness among its target market.
THE FROGDOG SOLUTION
- FrogDog performed an extensive competitive analysis that assessed marketing activity and messaging among other e-commerce recycled golf ball companies.
- FrogDog assessed the golf industry through extensive secondary research to understand industry and consumer trends and determine how they affect the LostGolfBalls.com business.
- FrogDog performed and analyzed significant secondary research into the people who golf within the United States to better understand the target audience for its marketing efforts.
- FrogDog developed key messages that differentiated LostGolfBalls.com from its competition while appealing to the target market and speaking to the company’s core strengths.
- FrogDog developed a marketing plan that would increase visibility among the target market for LostGolfBalls.com and build relationships with this new cohort of customers to instill brand loyalty. The plan included the following tactics:
- FrogDog crafted a digital media buy running digital advertising across the Internet and developed the visual ad banners to match the defined key messages.
- FrogDog developed a radio spot for Pandora and streaming-radio advertising in target national markets.
- FrogDog developed a blog-driven content marketing plan that featured articles and videos of interest and value to the LostGolfBalls.com target customer. FrogDog then used the content it developed to drive traffic to and through the e-commerce site and to targeted LostGolfBalls.com products.
- FrogDog managed LostGolfBalls.com social media to actively engage with existing and new customers, keeping the company top of mind and shaping its brand personality.
- The digital media campaign achieved an average order value 14 percent higher than sales not driven by the campaign.
- New visitor revenue increased by 14 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
- New visitors to the site increased by 35 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
- Visitors to the blog increased by 1,376 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
- Revenue in radio-targeted markets increased by an average of 21.75 percent compared to the same period the previous year.