Develop a Strategy to Reach a Narrow Target Market
Sharps Compliance provides easy, safe, and environmentally friendly ways for people and professionals to dispose of needles, syringes, and other medical waste. Its collection systems can be found in hospitals, clinics, tattoo and piercing shops, pharmacies, veterinary clinics, assisted living facilities, and more across the United States.
Sharps Compliance wanted to increase sales of its Patient Support Program, a solution targeted to pharmaceutical manufacturers as a way for them to provide support to patients using their therapies by giving them a safe, convenient way to dispose of used medication delivery devices and as a method through which the drug manufacturer could improve therapy adherence through Sharps’s unique tracking and measuring systems. Through improving adherence, pharmaceutical manufacturers are in an improved position to negotiate formulary position and reimbursement rates.
To help achieve greater exposure of its Patient Support System to pharmaceutical manufacturers, Sharps asked FrogDog to segment target audiences within manufacturers, develop engaging messaging, and reach out to this focused group of professionals through a set of strategic marketing tactics.
THE FROGDOG SOLUTION
- FrogDog conducted primary and secondary research to identify key decision makers and determine what motivates each group.
- FrogDog crafted messaging focused around key concerns for the two identified target audiences.
- FrogDog created a direct-marketing campaign that targeted both audiences across multiple media delivery mechanisms.
- FrogDog produced marketing materials that incorporated its carefully crafted messaging, including digital and print ads, direct-mail letters, e-mail messages, a webinar, and social media sponsored content.
- FrogDog developed thought leadership pieces in the forms of a white paper, financial model, exposé, and multiple articles to be used in marketing automation.
- Print and digital ads directed viewers to a dedicated landing page where they could learn more about the Sharps Patient Support System and download a white paper with more information, after which they automatically entered the marketing automation system for continual follow-up through additional thought-leadership content.
- Visitors to Sharps’ website increased by 35.56 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
- New visitors to Sharps’ website increased by 36.57 percent compared to the same period the previous year.
- Number of visitors to dedicated landing page exceeded goal by 243 percent.
- A large number of visitors to the landing page directly entered the URL, demonstrating strong results from print ads, webinar and recorded webinar video, and direct-mail campaign.
- Average click-through rate on digital ads was over 3 times greater than standard click-through rate.
- Number of leads added to the marketing automation system exceeded goal by 145 percent.